Thursday, April 15, 2010

Usability design

When you work single-handed (literally all alone like me) on a startup idea, you need to get your customer's feedback frequently on your product as you do in an agile. This ensures that you don't get carried away by viewing through your lens.

Just when I thought I had the perfect design for my company's website, I realized that it is just my view and not the end user's view. so I was wondering how I could ensure the best experiences for the end user. I bumped on this wonderful article about usability centric design of websites. Also I tested my website in using this cool tool. Guess what, I was not half bad at my estimates. It is quick. Whats more, its free for 5 results and you can earn karma points by doing other's tests which you can use to get more results for your test.

No comments: